It’s almost time for the first USPL event ever, Surf City Open at Huntington Beach.
* New staging layout where teams stage at their field. Watch every game between your games from your very own team tent.
* The new event location makes games visible from the pier and the deck off of Sparks
* 200 ft. wide Grandstands on Center Court topped off with a massive VIP deck brought to you by the Pro Teams (tickets available at the event).
* Sunshine – forecast is 74 degrees with sunny skies
* Crowds – Just in time for Spring Break, the beach will be flooded with people checking out the games and tradeshow.
* Player Parties – The Pros have planned something special each night for all the teams and sponsors to enjoy (age restrictions may apply)
* Pro/Am – Each 7man team gets to choose one Pro Player to spend an hour on Thursday going over game plans and to help support their team on Saturday
* Support from key industry figures – President of the Adrenaline Force Tournament Series, Randy Bocelli, will be running the 5man portion of the event, industry sweetheart Stephanie Gray (2007 NPPL/XPSL Director of Membership Services) will be running registration along with Chris Raehl of APPA, Gary Baum of PaintballPhotography.com will be liaising with the Media, and the “Queen of Pump” Kristin Kleist will be running Sunday’s Pump tournament. All of the above are coming on board to support the US Paintball League and make sure this event is successful and enjoyed by all.
* Tradeshow – Massive compound from Spyder, NXe, BLAST, Custom Products, Planet Eclipse, the US Army, Sunday Clothing, Blackstar Paintball, Khrome, Facefull, Insane Paintballs, Energy Paintball, KM, Guerilla Air, Alien, Trinity, Azodin, Virtue Paintball, Ninja Paintball… full list coming soon!
* Excitement – the buzz is really building here in the OC. Large banners are draped across Main Street in Huntington and at the front of the Pier at famous Pier Plaza. Over ten thousand flyers have been passed around and calls are pouring in.
* Competition – Over 100 teams have signed up for this event from all over the World. They will be competing for the event title, points in their Eastern or Western Conference and overall points for the National Series. Not to mention the cash, trophy or bragging rights of course… 😉
The Bad: All good things must come to an end
* Team Registration closes this week! March 25, 2009 is the final day to get your team registered and paid in full.
* The event ends Sunday April 5, 2009 and everyone will need to return to work and school. Well, for a few weeks anyway until the DC Challenge kicks off in May!!